I have been using the L’Oréal Paris Purifying Mask for almost a year now, so when I got invited to their latest skincare addition: The L’Oréal Sugars scrub launch, I was excited!
See skin care is something I low key think a lot about, having recently hit 25 ( AKA officially now into my mid – twenties) I understand the importance of having a good skin care routine. One that doesn’t mean having a thousand products or spending hours in the bathroom trying to achieve a golden glow.
The event was perfectly timed on a Thursday afternoon at Shepstone Gardens in Houghton, with the launch themed Parisian Carnival. Anyone that knows me knows I love themes, they are really exciting and add a sense of feeling or mood to an event.
I already knew that this was an event I would enjoy: On arrival we received what looked like carnival tickets, with the extra tall clown man casually roaming around. I felt like an 8 year old at a carnival, so much fun!
At the launch we were introduced to the Sugars Scrub ranged that includes three variants as follows:
1. SMOOTH SUGARS GLOW SCRUB
– Made up of fine sugars combined with grape seed oil: which has Vitamin E to illuminate and brighten skin.
2. SMOOTH SUGARS CLEARING SCRUB
– Infused with skin clearing ingredient: Kiwi Seeds: Used to smooth skin, unclog pores and visibly reduce blackheads. (Perfect if you have oily skin)
– You’ll experience a mild tingly sensation, as the product has Peppermint essential oils: Rich in soothing properties, to visibly reduce blemishes.
– Lemongrass essential oil, to purify skin.
3. SMOOTH SUGARS NOURISH SCRUB
– Cocoa Butter: Rich in essential fatty acid to moisturize and soothe dryness (Perfect if you have dry skin, like me).
– Coconut Oil: With lipids, known to protect the skin barrier
Cocoa Grains: To remove dead skin cells and to soften skin
What I find to be interesting and impressive about these sugars scrubs is how fresh and strong the flavors used come through.
HOW TO USE:
– Apply a small amount of the SMOOTH SUGARS SCRUB with dry fingers on clean, dry skin.
– Add warm water and gently massage over your FACE in circular motions avoiding the eye area.
– Once sugars have melted, rinse with warm water. Use 3 times a week.
Also works on LIPS to smooth and refine the lip line, improving the wear of lipstick and lip gloss.
PS: They smell so good, you may be tempted to taste 😐 Don’t, just enjoy the aroma.
Truth is no one wants to spend hours on skin care, we just want products that make us feel like we barely have to try because the glow comes naturally (Or so we want to believe).
I will definitely be trying these out over the next few weeks or even months to see how my skin takes to it. But by the look of things, these dainty glass bottles (which are also the perfect travel size) are worth keeping.
The Sugars Scrub’s are available at your local stores: Clicks and Dis- Chem nation wide from end of March 2019, retailing for R159.95
Thanks to the South African L’Oréal Paris team for my latest sugar addiction.
Love your skin and do the right thing.
Love & Light! X.O Lesedi DawnShare This: