Lesotho is ruled by a constitutional monarchy and is one of the 3 remaining kingdoms in Africa (the others are Morocco and Swaziland). King Letsi III is the reigning king of Lesotho since 1990.
I thought to throw in some history there. If you will be visiting Lesotho for a number of days, what you pack will be highly influenced by what season you plan to visit in.
In Summer: October – April
- Except 85% rainfall, especially in the mountain areas
- The hottest period being January – February
- Lightweight clothing is sufficient in order to beat the heat and enjoy the day
- With warmer clothing recommended as the temperatures drop dramatically in the evening or overnight.
- Waterproof clothing is suggested for the adventurous during the rainy season
Top 10 Packing List in the Summer:
- Sun Hat // One that offers full coverage
- Layering Tank Tops and Essential Tops
- Comfortable Pants // Chinos, Jeans or other pants
- A light scarf to cover up when the sun is too harsh or temperatures begin to drop
- A water bottle to keep hydrated throughout the day
- Comfortable shoes, boots if hiking or normal sneakers and trainers for walks
- Rain coat / waterproof jacket for light day time drizzle
- Swimwear + a day time towel ( for waterfall dips)
- A day time back pack
In Winter: May – September
- Snow is apparent in the highlands
- The lowest point above sea level in Lesotho is 1500 meters, making it the country with the highest low point in the world.
Top 10 Packing List in the Winter:
- Thermal Socks, spare socks and scarfs
- Normal (knit wool / cotton gloves) & winter (thermal) gloves
- Sweaters, knitwear & hoodies for layering purposes
- Long sleeve essential tops for layering options
- Thermal pants, stockings, jeans and cotton tracksuits
- Waterproof bomber jacket
- Skiing boots if skiing is on your list
- Day bag pack to carry day time essentials more easily
- Comfortable shoes or boots if hiking or normal sneakers or trainers for walks
How easy was our packing list?
Lesotho is a beautiful in land country that offers majestic views and the opportunity to ski in the winter, making it one of 4 (with the others being Algeria, Morocco and Tiffindell).
Keep in mind that temperatures can drop as low as – 2 in the winter time, so pack warm and create memories!
Our Lesotho Winter Trip is scheduled for Friday, 5th– Monday the 8thof July 2019.
We have a few spots still available. Don’t miss out on the fine, join in on an adventure of a lifetime.
For bookings and more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Awards,
Love & Light, Lesedi Dawn.Share This: