Growing up is such an interesting process, especially being an adult: it’s like your entire life you are told what to do, when to do it and HOW… easy right? Well at that point it doesn’t seem easy as being an “adult” seems like more fun, how ironic: Until you become an adult you don’t realize how complex of a task it can be.
However, let’s get real. Being an adult is fun, but this post isn’t about the “fun” because we know you don’t need any advice on that. This right here? Is about how to get your life in order and excel at this “adulting” thing, and most importantly live your best life.
HOW TO BE A LITTLE MORE ORGANIZED
- NO TWO DAYS ARE THE SAME:
- The biggest mistake one can make is assuming each day will be glorious. “Waking up on the wrong side of bed” isn’t just some old saying, it’s real and as you adult, you become better at being a good human being (to yourself and others) regardless of what side of bed you wake up on, when you choose to be; irrespective of how you feel (when you are in your feels).
- HAVING A ROUTINE HELPS:
- You may not be a fan of routines, but whether you are aware of it or not: You already have a routine. You probably get up around a certain time each morning, go to school or work at a certain time etc … that in itself is a routine (it may not be fixed, but it is a routine none the less). So if you are not happy with what your current routine is? Do something about it! Wake up a little earlier, eat a little bit better (to sustain higher energy levels throughout the day) and try not to stay up watching TV until the am, especially during the week.
- HAVE A TO – DO LIST:
- There is something absolutely GLORIOUS about ticking off a checklist! It’s almost as if you’ve conquered a battle, like when you tick off “go to the gym” and “finish proposal” whatever your biggest tasks of the day may be, write them down to keep yourself accountable.
- STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS STILL HOT:
- Being organized means being able to seamlessly blend elements of your life as life happens. This requires planning, execution, as well as always being prepared to meet challenges as well as opportunities as they present themselves.
- HAVING A REWARD SYSTEM WORKS:
- We all know that: All work and no play made… truth is you are not a robot, even if you were and you kept GOING AND GOING, at some point you work BREAK (kidding diamonds don’t break). However, taking into account that you are human? Allow yourself some time off to “reset”. Allow yourself an easy weekend after a hectic week. Whether that means a night out or sleeping in.
- CHECK IN WITH YOURSELF:
- Now it is important to know what works for you, and what doesn’t. However, this takes trial and error. To figure out whether you are REALLY a morning person or a night owl requires checking how your day flows and whether you get as much done as you would like (based on your current routine). Being organized yields successful results, ones that aren’t always easy to accomplish, and yes sometimes you will look crazy (with your gym bag, lunch box and notebooks and journals) as you try to juggle life in hopes of finding your NEW NORMAL.
PS: You deserve to live your best life, don’t leave it to chance: Plan, execute and stay ready.
Love & Light.